I am mostly active on digital modes FT4 & 8 on 20/30/40m
Licensed since 1997. Prior to that, a teenage packeteer on 11m 🙂
QSL via LoTW & eQSL only.
Packet Radio Network
PE1RRR-1 / RRRNOS
Experimental JNOS-based BBS & Node
PE1RRR-3 / MATRIX
Maildrop for users and mail exchange for other internet BBSs.
PE1RRR-4 / RRRCHT
Several worldwide group chat services available.
PE1RRR-5 / RRRNET
Cloud-based network switch
PE1RRR-6 / RRRRPG
A fully functional multiplayer MMORPG CircleMUD game, experimental over packet radio- join in to explore the realm of Midgaard.
PE1RRR-7 / RIJEN
Node Surf and explore the packet network.
PE1RRR-9 / RRRDX
PE1RRR-10 / RRRRMS
Winlink RMS Gateway
PE1RRR-11 / GAMES
A unique home-brew Z-machine text adventure game server. Code for this is on my GitHub
PE1RRR-12 / RRRWWW
Probably the most intriguing project provided over Packet during the COVID crisis. This is a web portal that converts websites into text, relying upon a home brew mechanism to make the Lynx browser interactive over packet radio. Code to this project is available on my GitHub.
Frequency: 14.102.2 USB
- 1100hz – Corresponds to Net105
- 2000hz – Data & Testing
- 2300hz – Access
- 2600hz – Access
- Icom 756 Pro III running approximately 50 watts during nominal operation. Very rarely exceed 70 watts due to the high probability of RFI. Mostly used for the operation of the 20m 14.1022 Packet Radio AX25 300 baud HF/shortwave data link.
- Icom 703 – Mostly used for 6 meter band.
- Xiegu G90 HF All-mode.
- Yaesu VX-7R – handheld tri-band transceiver now relegated to the role of 432MHz/UHF receiver for the APRS system.
- Bosch KF161 VHF transceiver, APRS transceiver for 144MHz/2m.
- 20m Inverted Delta Loop (see fig.1)
10m Homebrew dipole
- Retired G5RV Jr. 2020 (see fig.2) .
G5RV Jr Antenna – Due to space limitations this is a sub-optimal installation, the antenna is raised above ground using two 20m fiberglass fishing poles, with about 1/4 of each end of the wire positioned vertically in order to fit the entire antenna within 9 meters of back yard. This results in an ‘M’ configuration, with the ladder feed line being the centre of the M.
- Diamond X25 co-linear for VHF Live ATC SDR Feeds of Gilze-Rijen Airbase Tower & Ground.
- Diamond Tri-band mobile whip atop a mast for multiplex: 2M Packet/APRS node.
- 6m home brew telescopic dipole atop a 5m mast on a ground mounted rotator.
- Home brew Turnstile 70cm satellite antenna for SDR based Amateur Satellite operation.
- Homebrew RG8U portable coax magnetic loop, tunes 20m-30m-40m.
- Home brew ADSB 7 element co-linear antenna for aircraft transponder reception into ADSBexchange(.com).
- Solarcon Antron 99 10/11/17m Vertical mounted approximately 12m above ground.
- Sirio Vector 4000 10/11m vertical.